The JFK Trust is a social and community trust set up to commemorate the legacy of President John F Kennedy by involving itself in projects that will enrich the lives of the people of his ancestral home town of New Ross and its environs. The JFK Trust employs more than 40 people and currently runs a number of tourist attractions and other projects including the Dunbrody Famine Ship Experience and the Kennedy Homestead visitor centre at Dunganstown.
Due to retirement of the incumbent the JFK Trust wishes to recruit a new CEO. Reporting to the board of the JFK Trust, the CEO has responsibility for all aspects of the business and implementation of a strategic plan for its development.
Suitable candidates are likely to:
- Have extended experience in a leadership or senior management position in a similar sized or larger organisation
- Be a self starter and display a strong vision and ambition to grow and develop the activities and projects of the JFK Trust
- Show an understanding and appreciation of the social. economic and community development objectives of the JFK Trust
- Display exceptional interpersonal and networking skills
- Provide evidence of a proven ability to effectively manage and develop teams
- Have strong ability in financial management and financial reporting
- Have a relevant third level qualification or comparable attainments
- Be a person of the highest personal integrit
- A knowledge or appreciation of the historiral, social and regional context of the work of the JFK Trust, including the Kennedy legacy and Irish American famine experience would be advantageous
Application with CV (and/or confidential enquires) to Ria White only at White HR Solutions Ltd, City Enterprise Centre, Waterford Business Parle, Coric Road, Waterford or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 051 820637.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 6th March 2014.
The JFK Trust is an equal opportunities employer
Previous experience as a Manager is a must, as well as proven leadership skills and the ability to direct a team. You will be working in a fast paced team environment and have strong attention to detail, and maintain the highest standards in regards to service and general hospitality
Candidates should have
- A full understanding of food safety/hygiene standards
- Ability to perform in high pressure service environment
- Ability to lead, train and develop other colleagues
- The right person will be dedicated, have a passion for what they do, and have a keen eye for detail
To manage and oversee the efficient running of shifts in the Restaurant. To act as a part of the Senior Management team and undertake Duty Management as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all guests are welcomed at the door and seated quickly in a courteous, polite and helpful manner and address all guests in the correct manner with the correct title and tend to guests’ requirements promptly
- To proactively promote and exceed agreed KPI’s
- To be fully conversant with the Restaurant operation and to efficiently manage the operation of all shifts
- To take a keen interest in the current business situation and to bring in sound ideas to increase profit, decrease spending, up selling orders and maximising guests spend where possible
- To understand the opening and closing of tables, preparing of bills for cash and credit payment, moving tables, splitting tables, database build and management of back of house applications
- To efficiently administer and action the daily mail, guest report lists, staff rotas, holiday forms and other paperwork that is required to ensure accurate notes are kept and are accessible
- To effectively communicate with the other departments and colleagues, suppliers and contractors to ensure that all information is communicated to the right addressee
- To communicate with Head Chef on particular guests’ requirements, and maintain a close and professional working relationship with the kitchen at all times
- Safety of the working environment in the department is maintained
- A briefing is held on a daily basis and important events are communicated to all employees
- To be actively involved in all staff related issues and to handle them in a professional manner
- Assist the General Manager in identifying recruitment needs
- Responsible for all departmental induction training and on the job training of new members of staff and also newly promoted staff
- Assist in conducting appraisals
- To understand the need for training and development of all individuals and to take a proactive approach in training employees on their responsibilities regarding Fire Safety, Health and Safety and Food Hygiene
Applications to JFK Trust, South Quay, New Ross, Co. Wexford
E: email@example.com before the 14th March 2014