Congratulations to Caroline O’Connor winner of the REUNITED AT THE EMIGRANT FLAME competition sponsored by Connect Ireland in association with the JFK Trust. The prize includes a return flight to Ireland from Melbourne, Australia and a reunion with her family at The Emigrant Flame in New Ross, Co. Wexford. Please join us at The Emigrant Flame in New Ross on Sunday the 22nd of December at 3.00pm for a celebratory event to celebrate the reunion of Caroline with her loved ones. You can also share in the celebration virtually even if you cannot make it to New Ross, we will stream the event online via the following link http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dundrody-emigrant-flame.
Thank you to everyone who entered the competition.
To learn more about Connect Ireland visit http://dunbrody.connectireland.com/.
ABOUT THE EMIGRANT FLAME
The Emigrant Flame was unveiled on the New Ross quayside in June 2013 during the JFK50 celebrations. A light was taken from the eternal flame at President Kennedy’s graveside in Arlington Cemetery, Virginia and travelled across the Atlantic as a Gathering Torch. This was then used to ignite The Emigrant Flame by President Kennedy’s daughter Caroline Kennedy and his sister Jean Kennedy Smith. The Kennedy legacy is just one inspiring story of triumph overcoming adversity which saw a family rise from Irish famine emigrant to the Presidency of the United States in only three generations. The journey of the Gathering Torch from President Kennedy’s graveside to New Ross also fulfilled on a symbolic level his promise “to return to Ireland in the springtime”. The Emigrant Flame provides a permanent flame of hope and inspiration to all Irish emigrants.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is: JFK Trust Ltd (company no. 136037) whose registered office is at Dunbrody Famine Ship, New Ross, Co. Wexford, Ireland.
2. Employees of JFK Trust Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.kennedyhomestead.ie/be-reunited-at-the-emigrant-flame/
5. Closing date for entry will be Sunday 8th December 2013 at midnight. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Further information can be found at:http://www.kennedyhomestead.ie/be-reunited-at-the-emigrant-flame/
Entrants must include the name of the person they nominate to win the flight to Ireland (this must be the name stated on the nominated person’s passport).
- Entrants must include a reason why they should be reunited at The Emigrant Flame.
- Entrants must include the dates when the person nominated is available to travel.
- Entrants must include the country where the person nominated will fly from.
- The nominated person must hold a valid passport and be over 18 years old and free to travel independently.
- Winner will win 1 return flight, economy class to Ireland.
- Winner will be required to travel to New Ross, Co. Wexford for a photoshoot at The Emigrant Flame documenting their reunion at The Emigrant Flame.
- Travel expenses to New Ross will be paid for by the JFK Trust up to the value of €250 (this is in addition to the return flight detailed above).
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize are not transferable. The Prize are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen:
- Winner will be selected and notified by 10th of December by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter & representing The JFK Trust & Connect Ireland .
12. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 5 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 3 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Irish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Emigrant Flame Competition, Dunbrody Famine Ship, New Ross, Co. Wexford, Ireland.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.